so spaketh my sage mountains


"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
- A. A. Milne via Winnie the Pooh

Touched down in Utah just long enough to hike to Secret Lake, catch a Modest Mouse show and dine at Takashi (my favourite sushi restaurant on the planet) as well as catch up with some of my favourite *people* on the planet! It was a lovely break... full of whispers from the mountains I so revere... the ones I pilgrimage to and try to heed whenever they send me potent rumblings about my potential next steps.

Am in New York City now... arrived yesterday... and already life is as weirdly manic as ever... but this leg is more optimistic... am wondering if the river is right - that I shan't worry about lost time, nor write off things simply because they did not happen yesterday.

Photo is one I took from my night hike to Secret Lake just above Alta ski resort... do you see that one lone light in the sky?? It's Venus! x

No comments: